I can't stop making these brownies, so I thought I'd share the recipe again (you can see the YouTube video here).
1 can of black beans (about 1.5 cups)
1 cup of very soft dates (soak in warm water for 30 min if necessary)
1 ¼ cup ground almonds, or other nuts (you can also replace with coconut flour)
4 tbsp maple syrup
6 heaping tbsp of cocoa powder
4 tbsp chia seeds soaked in 9 tbsp of water
pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla powder
¾ cup dairy free chocolate chips (try Trader Joe’s semi sweet, or Enjoy Life brand)
(optional) chopped walnuts for topping
1) Combine the black beans and dates in a food processor. Combine until NO whole beans are left.
2) Add the ground almonds, maple syrup, cocoa powder, chia seeds, salt, and vanilla. Pulse for 30 seconds to a minute until combined.
3) Stir in the chocolate chips.
4) Place in a greased baking dish (or use parchment paper, like I did!) and top with walnuts and additional chocolate chips.
5) Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. It will be a little gooey until it cools.